I Have A Hero

I have a hero - so juvenile and innocent. People say it's because all kids are adorable.
I say, little do they know of this little sunflower of mine;
And what she's done for me.
She's been as bold as one could ever be. She's been brave to the letter.
She's showed me the lighter side of pain;
She's shown how to make the treasure of any moment.
In her own simple ways she touches even the most broken of hearts.
And in many a ways - even as yet, she touches mine too.
She plies life's course with a little more everything and far less of just anything.
She's as the spring in a meadow; rarest in occurrence,
Yet not sparing petals their bloom.
She cries, she frets, she falls and she breaks;
Yet, it is save in her circles do wounds best heal and true love last.
It is with daisies and roses only could I best attempt to shape out her heart.
And of the colours of the rainbow can I make her life's perfect portrait.
Such a vista it is to watch this little angel grow.
Like stardusts gathering into superstars, so is she making into an amazing dame.
So, yes I have a hero - but she doesn't care for neither capes nor shields.
This one wears a prosthetic and a charming smile.
She is a winner.
She is the most amazing person I ever met.
To: My best friend of all time - Afua Frempomaa Assasie-Oppong 

Comments

Post a Comment