The Love Series - 🎵I'll Stand By You

Word cover on song by "The Pretenders"

Life's a journey and a road too mean to travel alone. And understanding this precept, we'd appreciate more, the priceless gifts of those given us; even when they've fallen off the line a little bit.

They say it's easy to love a rose; but it takes an extra churn of affection to fall in dying love with a leaf. It's always almost effortless to process our affections when things go right. But what happens when the ones we once loved are no longer as lovable?

This is to our families we have, both here and gone. This is to our lovers, both now and past. This is to our friends we've once held dear. This is to our blood in prisons, rehabs and exiles - and those who cast us out even with their own hands.

We've taken a stance - and it is one to Stand by You. To love unconditionally, the crooked images in your mirrors; to love you, even with all your demons. It would be arduous, but nothing compares to the gift of you. You are worth dying for!

"I'll stand by You, even when pennyless, broken, faithless and ashamed. Those dark hours you fret to face, I'll be there with you. In sickness and in health, for richer for poorer, for better and for worse, Nothing you can ever face, can make me love you any less - I'll stand by You! For whatever beast you've become now, there has always been a regal Prince deep inside."

Forgive me for the many times I pointed fingers at you - not that you were right, you weren't. But then, I'm as you, human in all ways and just as I desire forgiveness off others, so do you!

Even when you stand alone, you are not, for I'll be here with you. And when your day folds in, and your colours fade out, and there's nowhere else to run to - I'll stand by You!

I made a promise, and I'll stick to it to the end. I'll be here to save you - even if it would mean to save you from yourself. I'll let nobody hurt you - I'll stand by You!

Read lyrics at :  https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pretenders/illstandbyyou.html

#ThePretenders
#Forgiveness
#LoveIsBest
#Work.Commitment.Love

Comments