Humpty Dumpty

Sat out in a beautiful summer, your hand firmly in mine
Breaths were getting shorter, yet we were so fine
Hours, nights and times – we would colour up the sky
Now it’s been 3 years – it’s pouring but we’re now dry

I sit out here in the cold – with you on the other side of the wall
I pace out here in shorts – only hoping you’d soon call
But it’s been almost a year now or two, I’m not quite sure
You mayn’t have known. I was Humpty Dumpty – I broke without a cure

Mostly we can only wonder – and give up things we can’t understand
Often we may try to move on – but are only stuck on sinking sand
The nights that were ours – were indeed some of magic
But it’s been 5 years now – and there’s no dance, no more music

I sit out here in the cold – with you on the other side of the wall
I pace out here in shorts – only hoping you’ll soon call
But it’s been almost a year now – or two, I’m not quite sure
You mayn’t have known. I was Humpty Dumpty – I broke without a cure

We’re growing apart, it’s now your stars aside from mine
I believe we really could have made it – we only needed time
Tears, aches and tissues now mop out our night sky
It’s been 20 years since then; and alone I will now die

The Sun’s out today – but you’re no more on our side of the wall
I take steps away, conceding you now just wouldn’t call
Whether you did truly love me – I can never be any sure
But maybe someday you’ll know. I was Humpty Dumpty – I broke without a cure

#LabyrinthOfEmotions
#FallingOutOfLove
#TalesOfABrokenHeart
#Chibele

Comments