Napoleon's Secret Letters

28.01.1815
Days before escape from Elba, St. Helena...

To: Madamoiselle Chantelle d'Oreil 

It gets exceedingly hard - the fight to stay strong. I wish you would see me, feel me, consider me and save me.

They say time heals, but with every passing day, I die the more; I lose the more.

And what's worse, the drearier days are coming, where you'd comfortably be in another's arms. I sometimes force myself to believe I can go through when it comes - but that I think, will be the ultimate death.

Things are changing; and I've got to be more careful with the words I use now - because all you'll ever see us to be is just friends. But deep in my head and in my heart, I love you with every single passing day.

Latently, I cling to it, because we'd once been "there", and it was the best time of my life.

                                  • • • •
Truth or fiction? None can absolutely tell. But perhaps, there's a Napoleon out there who amongst his or her plethora of endeavours, sees the loss of Love - A love of our life - as the ultimate death. A death before death.

#LabyrinthOfEmotions
#FearInLove
#TillDeath
💕

Comments