Vici-Virtu

...[Love, when you just can't tell if it is a vicious​ circle, virtuous cycle or a perfect blend of both]

I race through your heart and its mysterious lanes
You trudge me through the rains and across the rails
In it I crush midways, mid-lanes and mid-feels
Oft falling face down, knee-deep while my heart bleeds

You’re as a weakening infection I keep contracting
A harmful addiction to which I keep returning
For you are pain and remedy in a single dose
Still wouldn’t justify my blinding subjection to you

But you reflect my thoughts and perceptions
No better can I explain your essence to me
I’ll pass of a lifetime’s chance with someone new
For just a night spent with you

You cover my dreariest insanities
My mistakes and mis-ways you call beautiful
There could be nothing better I’d see
You’re my perfect picture – The best for me

When I move the same way I came
And my tears water the Earth for your new birth
When all around the blocks are empty spaces
And bird cries fill up mornings ‘stead of past time cheers

Maybe then I’d regret chances not taken with you
Maybe it’s there I’ll confess just how much I loved you

Comments