Kings and Pawns


“In this life, we’re all either Kings or Pawns. You are set either for the high horses or to wallow in the deep ends of social, economic and emotional injustice. Be glad if you suffer but from the latter – for there’s little retribution in such crevices. Kings and Pawns, Marchand; Emperors and Fools.”
But yet I gave my life away in the name of love – like peas to the wild birds.
They gushed over every grainette and sang with an air of seeming gratitude,
But when the rumens were filled up, they forgot all about the nourishing meal – much worse, the pockets from which I came.

"You see them in beautiful colors perched on the sycamore, singing.
Enjoy their songs now, my little one -
For soon they’ll be taking off for warmer weather.
You were a glad convenience. Now your worth’s naught."

I was as a Ruth to their Naomis; enduring passing years of sojourn with high hopes.
Yet it would take a stranger oblivious to our conquests of the past and no numeration of all of my cells spent.
To convince them that I was only a Lot to be parted with so they can behold better glories.
It was easily forgotten how I stood with them when there was no glory.

But I feel bruised because I felt entitled;
To reciprocating loving arms of affection and solace in tendering heat.
To a little love to get that’d been paid with my life to death.
Expectations!

The earlier I’d known though, the better it’d have been for my cause.
That all said and done, they were no close to being wrong.
They, only with time, also became human.

There’s no price for love;
To be bought for and worse, to be sought.
Away with Ego, Pride, Memories and Crushes to Hell,
All I ever wanted was friendship.

I broke my back and enjoyed the sound of it thereof.
For this naïve heart believed she’d walk on spare feet or with crutches of love.
Today she rides alone; pulling her wheel, her dreams and her loneliness;
She wished she’d known better than to believe in a fellow Earthlander.

Remember what you are to the people you’d kill for -
For to some you are the one with which to kill the boredom;
And to another, you’re the safe landing when the exploits are over.

But I pray, to one, you’ll be the World they’ll be fond of;
A world they’ll, now and always, feel lucky to have!

#KingsAndPawns
#TheHeartThatLost
#NapoleonBonaparte
#Chibele
 

Comments