Watch You Watch Me Watch You


Watch you watch me watch you fall in love with someone else.
Tell me of his perfect smile and his gorgeous body;
The perfection of a man – one to adore and your heart to skip a beat for.
Let me color up your dream life together and tease you of his saggy cheeks,
While we laugh it all off at beaches and stage-plays and all the nicest places.

Find it no shame that I’m always looking out for you.
I heard you’re happily settling in with him in a week and my soul’s much glad
My lips, maybe not so much to utter genuine delight
Two camp nights, margaritas and emptying out Sauvignon Blancs at every moonlight
He must be perfect, I thought, and he certainly was.



You care much about how I will let go to find love; about how she will be worth all my while
My heart’s still hung on you though, while it wheezes its way apart
Just like the fleeting feel of watching the solar eclipse pass – I know you won’t be back in all my lifetime.
Such is the bitter-sweetness of this moment; watching you watch me watch you fall in love with someone else
The jolly of your new loving and all


So, to the little boy leaning by the wall
What’s the point in sticking around for that long?
And you still keep looking back to the old fireplaces [even in summer];
Hoping for a flicker, and in a crazy dream, maybe a flame.
But it’s all burned to ashes; dreams, trials and 1000 chances.
Hearty laughs and warm hugs – they mean different things in your worlds now, yet similar.

So just watch her watch you watch her fall in love with another – you’d someday grow to love the sight
As you are now was I once, looking to call one the best part of me; that she’d be the one to love the worst part of me
You may not find it as in the movies, neither may you find it even at all
Never mind, you’ll find someone like she is – and hopefully even better
That next time, I know you’d be more sure.

#SomeoneLikeYou
#TalesOfABrokenHeart
#Adele
#Chibele

Comments