Finding You (The 50th Anniversary Note)

My histories will recount me in different versions of sad and unsure
And of nights in bars, looking for less - looking for more.
But it would also recount me of my times of finding you. 
At then not a spark, not a flame; not quite the dream-come-true. 

You wouldn't come in easy, oh no! Not as a simple A B C or a 1 2 3.
Yet the beautiful chaos of all that was about you - 
Made riding with you into the unknown, all what my heart would want to do.

You'd teach me how to live, how to relive. You'd show me how to be 
all the love I always so wanted to give.
You'd teach me how to cry, how to die, how to be brave - 
Not wondering how, or when or why.

Finding you was worth every wait, every loss and every pain
For all that seemed to have once slipped away from me,
Soon felt in every way as gain.


For, once, I held imaginations of my happiness in exaggerations stretched 
Sights and visions of the ones I'd see but were never to be.
Yet all these dreams I once had as farfetched,
Now I find them all here, with you being next to me.

Now at 75, I say you are the one single grand thing I did with my life!
Oh my! The deeper the dive, the steeper the climb - through it all;
It'll still be the grandest honor for me - having to be your Wife!

Your love is one of a kind
And I'm not alone anymore
Then when I thought I was lost
I saw your face and my whole life changed

So today I will write your story on all the pages of my heart;
To have them to read - both now as we're close and someday when apart.
For you gave me forever between my numbered days -
You gave me love; you gave me something to die for;
You gave me everything!

And someday in the evening of our lives
I'll know you've been a blessing to me - in more ways than one.
For you have been and will always be:
My Forever and After! I love you.

~ Chibele 💕
#FindingYouFebruary
#Keatin&Sande
#FaultInOurStars
#TrueLoveExists
 

Comments

Post a Comment