A Day To Wait For!

Sometime soon in 2020😊:

When she calls me from atop her roof,
and it echoes deeply through the atmosphere and to my heart;
On that day when the blinds are rolled up again, 
and every wheel meets again their cart! -
 I'll skim through every blook, running;
just to find the perfect opener - the ideal start...
For it's been a day long in wait and coming; to see her again
And from no given feet apart!

I'll be speed-walking in my baggy slacks
Hoping she's not watching from afar
'Cause my soul's eyes have seen this moment for the umpteenth time
And it's too picture-perfect for surprises to mar.
Let I gather for her some Daisies, some Roses;
Sunflowers and maybe Paperwhites
Gosh! I'm already bashful;
yet still overjoyed and brimming with unbridled delights!



Like a dream, I find her with gleaming eyes hasting down the 32-staired flight
We surrender into our arms - with tear-colored smiles and O! Does it feel so right!
Ever had 13-nights' dreams all relished in a half-breath?
Well here it is! Right here, right now! Here in our little space of blessed earth.
O the stories to tell! The experiences to share and the lots to laugh about;
From Tik-Toks to a merciless clique of Dancing Pallbearers and their unbeatable tunes.
My World is back alive! And I feel it in You - My You!
O this has been a day so long in coming -
Yet, truly a day to wait for!

"...with all that this moments' given, it's probably also
given us this grand chance at our rebirth. A chance to relive love and to wait in
sacrificial patience.
A chance to pause and realize that we're really not so alone - and that
probably, we, by ourselves are the haven we keep looking for in others!
In heavy heart we lost our lots; but in gladsome hearts nevertheless,
from here on in, we realize the value of what we still have."
#WhenIt'sAllOver
#SoonWe'llBeHuggingAgain
#StayHomeStaySafe
#CoViD19
#LoveForYou
💓
~ Chibele



Comments

  1. "A chance to pause and realize that we're really not so alone - and that probably, we, by ourselves are the haven we keep looking for in others!" ...Truth��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment