Supernatural

 Magic.
I did not believe in magic. 
Not until I came under a spell.
His spell.
 
I was one to barely speak of love with much surety - 
for humans, I'd learnt, were but fleeting times and pleasures.
The old ways we were akin to, I guess were very much an exaggeration
of an impossibly perfect world - the one that tends to 
obscure all reasoning while it was lit;
and renegade all hope once it was lost.

Yet that which I found put me beneath a spell.
A spell binding, yet one I'd never want to break away from.
And it all happened since he came.
 

 
 
It created not a new world for me - Oh no;
But rather unveiled my eyes to see all the beauty that was already within me.
It brought out not for me a new song to sing;
But rather, a confident voice to scream the songs I already had in me.
It showed me not a brighter future;
But rather girded my hands to build the future I'd always dreamed of.
It made me not an angel;
But a revelation of all the Human I was - Broken yet still beautiful.
 It did not complete me;
But simply complimented my totality.

I'd never been one for the extravagant.
The meek stranger in me was always content with the simple:
A heart without expectations yet full of love, a peace of mind, 
pretty feet and bright blue jeans.

Yet now I've known what Great Love looks like, I dare question whatever
I'm given. The audacity now, to accept I deserve better.
 
For with Great Love:
It does not make you feel good - it reminds you of your good.
It does not change you - it supports the building of a better you.
It is not picture-perfect;
But rather an assemblage of all the colors to make a great painting!
 It is like driving on the highway at 120 with the instructor.
It is all-in, yet so safe. 

It is the touch of patience, forgiveness and trust.
It is the heart that accepts that "Perfect isn't flawless".
It is the arm to point faults and correct them.
It is an entire home inside a finite body.
 
Magic.
So now I believe in magic.
When I came under a spell.
His spell.
It was a touch of Human,
Yet it was Supernatural.
 
#chibele
#2021
#GreatLove
#writers 
#supernatural
 


 

Comments

  1. Great love is truly supernatural and enthralling... PURE MAGIC🙃🥰.
    Thank you for this piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment