911

 

It’s 3:11 am on Tuesday morning and I’m dialling 911;

< > 911-Operator (248km away):

Hello this’s the 911 operator, what’s your emergency?

< > Me (Crying):

“Yo! I cannot find my spectacle case. I remember it was in my bag but I cannot find it now. I’m doomed. On top of that, I ordered food yesterday from this place and it looked nothing like what’d been advertised… and on top of that too, Arsenal’s manager keeps disappointing the fans with returns. I don’t think I …”

[58 minutes later]

< > Still me (now laughing crazily)

“… you may not be so familiar with this but take the Kardashians for example, I watched this documentary in which …”

💘

Such an underrated blessing to have a carry-on home;

A human, a person, yours – a mortal flesh and bone.

A place of loose guards and torn-down walls,

A place to be you with all your self and all your flaws.

 

Where you can share your victories without feels of gloat,

Or be the best you without fear of being a showboat.

Yet same, a place to rest a heart and life defeated;

To feel no condemnation, even for mistakes repeated.

 

A stage to sing on your merriest of days;

Yet same, to cry in anguish when life hardly pays.

And in neither do you feel being self-imposing,

For it is a place of assured help – always supposing.

 

A hand to hold through the murkiest of phases,

Just a call away; a legal doctor for all cases.

A fire engine that shows up and shows you up,

An energy reserve with so much power in store to tap.

 

A heart and a home to live life’s thrilling experiences;

Sweet, sour, confounding, gracious and grateful expenses.

And still there will be no space for fault-finding

‘Cause even the faults we find are faults that bind.

 

Fireproof - An emotional extinguisher for all of my life’s type fires;

A never-ending supplier of all my heart’s desires.

One to be at knife’s end with on subjects as trivial as tomatoes,

Yet in that heat of the moment, is still the very place my heart goes.

 

The person to read right through me and tell all I’m feeling,

Who on the dampest of days shows me all the good to me I am not seeing.

One with whom a quiet 3-hour sit-down time can feel like a great moment;

One with whom recollecting memories leaves me with smiles and no comment.


 

Talks about sweet nothings, academic writings and celestial everythings;

Old 2010 flames daily feeling like new beginnings.

All in all - Car rides, beaches, picnics, bible classes, study-times and date nights,

Air trips, broke days, late gossips, pool sides and tensed fights.

 

It is easy to love because of – and especially with its long list to support:

Hard work, excellence, beauty, kindness, dignity, purpose and effort.

Very rare though, to find a heart that loves in spite of – unconditional!

Not blindly celebrating flaws, but giving the room to grow from – total!

 💘

So here I am again. It’s 9:24 pm on a Friday night and I’m dialling 911;

< > 911-Operator (248km away):

Hello this’s the 911 operator, what’s your emergency?

< > Me (Smiling):

“Yo! It’s me again. I am calling to say thank you. Thank you for always being there for me and responding to all my calls with absolute delight and commitment…”

[57 minutes later]

< > Still me (now angry)

“… no no no. What are you trying to say? If men were to have cramps even once in a year, all hell would’ve broken loose. You have…”


If you are reading this, send it to all the ones [or the one] who are always there for you. Truth is, you run the risk of taking them for granted. Mommy, Best Friends, Husband, Partner, Daddy, Lover, Granny, Wife, Boyfriend, Fiancée –

REMIND THEM OF HOW YOU VALUE THEIR 911 SERVICES, JUST AS I’VE DONE MINE!

 

: To that 911 operator that never hesitates to send water, medicals, or a whole orchard at my request… Snowie.

#chibele #2022 #911 #Snowie #helicopter

Comments