Air to Breathe

 

Just as of essence is air to live,

That is as much as you are treasured to me.

If Puss lived his 9 lives down to one and still feared,

Then trembled I justifiably am to be for one life only with you to see.

 

You have carried me on my hardest days –

In no way could I see you as less faithful.

The long nights, the short sights, the country rides –

For every one time you made me special, I am grateful.

 

Sing I the praise of one as that of a cavalry?

Why yes! To others a solitary crusader – but to me you were a whole army.

You taught me patience, you taught me virtue;

You kissed me and made me. You were my whole family.


When I cried you held me;

You mapped out the whole universe as my guiding compass.

And while I was only fit for a hose-stretcher, you saw me a goddamn fire engine.

Everyone saw my life as a case? You’d be my attorney; my free pass!

 

My Geppetto, my 3 Bears, my Baymax, my 7 Dwarfs -

The Beauty to my ugly Beast – you saw me all but horrid.

You knocked me 5 times out of insanity and dejection back to life;

Once I became a shade of a Walter – You became my Astrid.

 

 

You blew the wind out of my sails when there was need –

And God knows there was; for I was sailing for doom.

Firefighting my domestic fires – you were fighting for me.

Your heart was my summerhouse and you gave my fears no room.

 

But today I can only see your shadows on the walls –

Constant reminders of your soul living right through mine.

Apart by flesh but never by heart;

A fitting farewell now is for my life by yours to shine.

 

I love you on cloudy days, I love you in so many ways;

I love you with each phone ring that unknowingly seeks you.

I love you for many things, least for loving me like you did,

I love you for the many things you lived to see me through.

 

My African Queen, my Precious Love;

My Air that became my breathe.

I will seek you each day at sunrise even in knowledge of no find,

I will always love you - to forever and beyond; in life and certainly in death.

 ~ For Namazzi
No Wife was as you were. Rest well.

Comments

  1. Awwwwww🥹🥹🥹🥹

    "You mapped out the whole universe as my guiding compass.

    And while I was only fit for a hose-stretcher, you saw me a goddamn fire engine." I felt that❤️🖤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment